Natural Formula To Heal Acne & Other Skin Scars
Whether you suffer from Acne or have suffered from other minor issues, we all end up with at least a bit of scarring on our skin. The amazing thing is that our body can repair itself, most rudimentarily by forming quick scars. If given a chance, our skin is capable of repairing and even building new tissue. A little help from natural, herbal sources can go a long way in enabling, and even accelerating the healing process.
We all are acquainted with Acne and its pesky blemishes. There are effective approaches to managing Acne naturally on our previous blog: How To Get Rid of Acne and Acne Scars
What to Do About Acne Scars?
Different types of acne scars can occur from blemishes, but either way, they are usually the result of a combination of inflammation, infection, and poor wound healing. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Do not pick! It causes inflammation, irritates the healing process, and can cause re-infection or infection to spread.
- Always use sunscreen (SPF30+ or higher) and do so especially over an active blemish area. This will reduce scarring but also the possibility for PIH (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation) which can make the spot turn brown.
- Vitamin A / Retin-A - Retinoic Acid and its derivatives can reduce scarring by increasing cellular turnover. Use these products carefully as they can be too strong for your skin type and use them only in the evening as sun exposure and Vitamin A do not mix.
- AHA's - Alpha Hydroxy Acids like Lactic, Citric, and Glycolic acids help decrease scarring as they remove the dead skin cell layer and promote new cellular growth. Use these also in the evening and wear sunscreen during the day.
- Dragon's Blood - this reddish sap from the Croton lechleri tree helps to reduce and remove acne scars and improve wound healing.
- Vitamin E & Aloe - moisturizes and nourishes the blemish to improve healing.
Simple DIY Mixture to Help Fade Scars and Blemishes Naturally
Natural Skin Care doesn’t have to be expensive. There are a myriad of recipes you can make at home using top-quality natural ingredients, without breaking the bank. For anyone looking to diminish skin scars naturally, here is a simple DIY professional skin care formula to make at home.
What you’ll need:
A mixing Bowl
Measuring Tools (spoons and cups)
A small bottle for storage
Home-made Tea Blend of Calendula Flower (Marigold) and Comfrey leaf (Nipbone).
Vitamin E Oil
Rosehip Seed Oil
Aloe Vera Gel
Pure Lavender Essential Oil
Natural Recipe to Fade Scars
2 Teaspoons of Tea Blend
1 Teaspoon of Lemon Juice
1 Teaspoon of Vitamin E Oil
1 Teaspoon of Rosehip Seed Oil
¼ Cup of Aloe Vera Gel
20 Drops Pure Lavender Essential Oil
Mix all the ingredients, pour the mixture into a bottle, and shake it up to ensure it is blended. Apply with a cotton ball. This mixture keeps in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
Professional Lotion To Fade Scars Anyone Can Make At Home
Watch this video to learn about the qualities and effects of each ingredient: How to Fade Scars Naturally
Keys to Successful Acne Treatment
Let’s remember that in skin care, the power of each natural ingredient and the sequence in which it is applied to irritated and inflamed skin is key. For treating and healing Acne, fighting infections, cleansing, exfoliating, and nourishing, in that order, are very important.
What to look for in Natural Anti-Acne Products
7 Natural Products to Fight Acne
- Antimicrobial Herbs
- Exfoliating Herbs
- Cleansing/Detoxifying Herbs
- Nourishing Ingredients
- Supportive Oils
- Vitamins & Antioxidants
There are many causes to scarring on our skin, but whatever the cause, nature can do a lot to help. It is important to note that there is no miracle herb or oil that will completely rid you of scars, but they can help your body in minimizing their appearance, and also gain strength by speeding up the healing process. In short, with care and patience, your scars will eventually fade, and your wound will be healed.
Want more in depth information to different skin care ingredients? Follow our new Vella series on Amazon Kindle to read monthly episodes on the most popular ingredients in skin care, how to use them and why with our new Quick Guide to Natural Skin Care Ingredients.
RD Alchemy - How To Get Rid of Acne and Acne ScarsRD Alchemy - Quick Guide to Natural Skin Care Ingredients